Heating Repair in Lewes, DE
Bringing the Heat Since 1994
Signs That Heating Repairs Are Needed
If your heat pump, gas furnace, or mini split stops heating your home and the temperature drops, you know it’s time to consult a technician. However, the following can also be signs that your heat is not working properly. Knowing the signs and addressing issues as soon as they come up can help you to potentially avoid bigger, more expensive breakdowns later. If you detect any of the following, give us a call today, and we’ll send one of our experienced HVAC technicians to help you find a solution.
- Your heating system is blowing cold air or not turning on.
- Your heating system frequently cycles on and off day and night.
- Your heating bills have increased substantially in recent years.
- You hear weird noises coming from the heater.
- You notice hot and cold spots around your home.
- You see a yellow pilot light (instead of blue) on your gas furnace.
24/7 Emergency Heating Repairs
Alltemp Air offers 24/7 emergency repair service. Breakdowns happen, and not always within regular business hours. If your heat stops working, we’re here to help, 24 hours a day.
Whether you have a heat pump, gas furnace, or ductless mini split, your heating system is a machine, and like all machines, it needs regular maintenance to function reliably, safely, and efficiently. Scheduling regular preventative maintenance (we suggest signing up for a Service Agreement!) can protect your investment in your heating system and help detect issues early, before they develop into bigger problems. Learn more about preventative maintenance and our Service Agreements here.
Prompt Solutions From Local Technicians
When the chill of winter sets in and you rely on your heating system to keep your home warm and cozy, the last thing you want is a malfunctioning heater. Unfortunately, heaters, like any other complex machinery, can experience issues that may leave you feeling cold and frustrated. From strange noises emanating from your unit to sudden drops in temperature, there are a variety of things that can go wrong with a heater. That’s where our expert technicians at Alltemp Air come in to provide prompt heating repair services in Lewes, DE, and surrounding areas, including:
- Rehoboth Beach, DE
- Dewey Beach, DE
- Harbeson, DE
- Milton, DE
- Georgetown, DE
- Millsboro, DE
- Bethany Beach, DE
- Ocean View, DE
- Fenwick Island, DE
- Dagsboro, DE
- Selbyville, DE
- Millville, DE
- Frankford, DE
- And beyond!
No matter where you are in these areas, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions right to your doorstep. Our experienced heating repair technicians are well-equipped to handle a wide range of heater issues, from minor repairs to complex troubleshooting, so you can trust your home’s comfort will be restored quickly and effectively.
Types of Heaters We Repair
Our heater repair technicians are highly trained in the intricacies of different heating systems, ensuring we can accurately diagnose issues and provide effective solutions. The heating solutions we provide include:
- Gas & Electric Furnace Repair: Whether you rely on a gas or electric furnace to keep your home warm, our team has the knowledge and tools to diagnose and repair any issues. From pilot light problems to malfunctioning thermostats, we’ll have your furnace operating efficiently again.
- Heat Pump Repair: Heat pumps are a popular choice for both heating and cooling. If your heat pump is failing to provide adequate warmth, our residential heating repair experts in Lewes, DE, can identify the root cause, whether it’s related to refrigerant levels, compressor issues, or other components.
- Ductless Mini-Split Repair: Mitsubishi ductless mini-splits offer targeted heating without the need for ductwork. However, like any other heating system, these units can experience issues over time. If your system is blowing cold air, experiencing compressor problems, or displaying error codes, our technicians are skilled in diagnosing and repairing these units.
What to Do When Your Heater Cuts Out
Experiencing the sudden loss of heat can be incredibly frustrating, especially during the coldest months of the year. If your heating unit cuts out unexpectedly, follow these steps before seeking heating repair services from our professionals in Lewes, DE:
- Check the Thermostat: Ensure your thermostat settings are appropriate and haven’t been accidentally adjusted. A simple thermostat misconfiguration could be the cause of your home’s lack of heat.
- Inspect the Circuit Breaker: Check the circuit breaker box to see if any switches related to your heating unit have tripped. If so, reset them and see if the system starts.
- Verify the Pilot Light: If you have a gas furnace, check if the pilot light is lit. If it’s not, relight it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Check for Blocked Airflow: Ensure the air vents, registers, and returns are not obstructed by furniture, debris, or dust. Blocked airflow can cause your heating system to malfunction.
- Contact Professionals: If these steps don’t restore heat, it’s time to reach out to heating unit repair experts like us. We specialize in residential heating repair in Lewes, DE, and can swiftly diagnose the issue, whether it’s a broken heating unit, malfunctioning components, or other technical problems.
Remember, attempting complex repairs without the right knowledge can lead to further damage. Instead of taking a DIY approach, turn to our heating unit repair services to ensure your home’s comfort and safety.
Contact Our Experienced Heating Repair Technicians Today
When your heating unit starts acting up, there’s no time to waste. Our technicians are here to restore warmth and comfort to your home. Reach out to Alltemp Air for reliable heating repair services in Lewes, DE, and surrounding areas. Whether you’re in Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Harbeson, Milton, Georgetown, Millsboro, Bethany Beach, Ocean View, Fenwick Island, Dagsboro, Selbyville, Millville, or Frankford, DE, we’ve got you covered. Schedule your service today and experience the difference of having a trusted heating repair company by your side.
Frequently Asked Questions About Heater Repair
Why is my heating system blowing cold air?
There could be several reasons for this issue, including a malfunctioning thermostat, a faulty heating element, or an airflow blockage. Our heating repair technicians in Lewes, DE, can diagnose and address the root cause to restore warm air circulation.
Is there an optimal temperature to set on my thermostat during winter?
While comfort preferences vary, setting your thermostat between 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit is generally recommended for energy efficiency and comfort during the colder months.
Can a malfunctioning heating system pose safety risks?
Yes, a malfunctioning heater can potentially lead to safety hazards, including carbon monoxide leaks and fire risks. Regular maintenance and prompt repairs are essential to ensure your safety and avoid a completely broken heating unit.
Are there any signs that my heating system needs professional attention, even if it’s still functioning?
Yes, signs such as unusual odors, fluctuating temperatures, or increased energy bills can indicate underlying issues. Having a heating repair company inspect your system can prevent potential breakdowns.
What’s the cost difference between repairing and replacing a heating system?
The decision to repair or replace depends on factors like the age of your system, the extent of the issue, and your long-term goals. Our technicians can assess your situation and provide cost-effective solutions, whether that includes a repair or a complete heating installation .
Can you repair older heating systems, or do you recommend replacement?
We can certainly repair older systems, but in some cases, replacement might be more cost-effective and efficient in the long run. Our experts will provide honest advice to help you make an informed decision.
What should I do if I suspect a carbon monoxide leak from my heating system?
If you suspect a carbon monoxide leak, evacuate your home immediately and call emergency services. After ensuring your safety, contact us for a thorough inspection of your heating system to identify and address the issue.